Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 1 Update!

No comments:
 
Wednesday, January 19, 2011


So YEAH!! I made it!!
It has been practically a week since I got back to Tijuana. I am receiving the Perspectives class and I am also a Mission Builder at the base, which in other words it's a volunteer.
How has my week been? It has surely not felt as if I have been here for a week, it feels like I have been here more time. There is a lot to do in a base as big as this one. We have received teams that came to construct, four houses in one weekend...crazy! Unfortunately I couldn't build on those days, there was a lot of people who were here, 100 of them, or more. Well the point is that I have been making beds and cleaning rooms. I will also prepare the snacks, tomorrow I will be trained to work at the coffee shop. Overall I like this, I really like it that I am not doing the same thing every day, there is always a new thing to do. :)

So, yesterday I went to the "Circulo" which is an after school program where we give the kids bible lessons and also teach them. The kids that come to this program are the kids of the families in which the " Homes of Hope" teams have built a house for. It's really nice to go to this community and see all of these kids, and know that God has blessed them so much with a brand new house. It's even better to know that the relationships with these families are still there. So the fun thing about this is that I go there and if you didn't know, in Honduras where I am from we refer to other people as "vos" not as "tu" like they do in Mexico and most of the Latin American countries. So I was with my friend Dina who is the teacher for the kindergarten class. As she was presenting me to the class, well during almost all the class I was trying to remember to refer to the kids as "tu" and not as "vos" which was kind of weird for me haha.... well yeah hondurans understand this I think. :P
Today I received my first "Perspectives" class, I will be receiving them every Wednesday. It was a good class, we had a lot of reading to do and the class was basically a review of the homework. I also translated the class  for the DTS, which I really enjoyed it. The lesson that was given was a really good reminder, of my great friend Jesus! :D
This is what has been going on, I am not that inspired to write more haha
Talk to you guys next week!
God Bless you!

To those who donated money to me, I want to thank you so much. Thanks for letting God use you to bring a full of blessings experience. May God multiply it to you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff