Monday, January 6, 2014

Rejoice!

No comments:
 
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Missing class is not something that I do often. There has been only some special occasions in which I have done this; the last one was the one that was worth the most...
It was just a regular day at college, same stuff as usual, class, friends and food. Before I go to my second class I always hang out with two great friends. We have been friends since the 6th grade, we all started following God at the same time. We have shared trips, sleepovers and high school. By the way that things were happening after we graduated, it seemed like we wouldn't be together, the three of us in one place. For some reason and only God knows why, after almost a year we are now in college...together. 

So, in this regular college day, we started talking about what has been going on in our lives. We all want to be missionaries and we all have this need to just leave and start working for God. A career seems important, but we all know that what we will do for the rest of our lives is tell others about God's love, by being used by Him to help fulfill the needs that they have....in other words Serve. 
But why? Why does God want us to stay in Honduras when we are crying out to Him that we want to leave and just start serving? 
We don't have the answer to this, all we know is this: 

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
                                             - Romans 8:28
 Note that it says "His purpose", not my purpose or your purpose but His purpose; which is perfect. I do not choose what my life will be, but He chooses it. Doesn't it sound amazing that He is in control, and because He is in control EVERYTHING that happens to us will be for our good. I love this!...at the same time it is scary to think of the hurt that I might go through because God is molding me. In the process of being molded, I will learn to be good, and I will go through situations that will hurt...it is only at the end of the road when we find out that the pain was worth it. 

I might not understand why I am here right now, but it makes me happy to know that by this I am submitting to God completely. Waiting for the time when He will say Go!

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
                                                       

                                                              -Philippians 4:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff