Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Ant Story...

No comments:
 
Thursday, September 9, 2010

The following paragraph was something I wrote like a month ago. I was sitting in a friend’s room and this is what I wrote:
"I just killed an ant and for some reason I felt really bad. The ant wasn't really bothering me. When I saw it smashed in my finger it just hurt my heart. Why is it that we have to hurt those who are not bothering us? We just look at them and hurt them just because we think that they are going to affect what we have or, because we think that they are going to do something wrong to us. So as a defensive act we hurt them and smash them with our finger. It isn't until we really take a look at them that we realize that we hurt them and we feel bad. Sometimes we don't realize it ourselves when we look back, but others have to tell us that we have hurt them and that it was wrong. Later we may realize that what we did, we can't just simply take it back."

I know this is something pretty random. If you are one of those people who like to analyze others then you might say “What she was going through, that she had this random thought about simply killing an ant?". I mean this is something that some of us do every day, I just killed an ant oh you're in trouble! No we never say that. Well to those of you who asked yourselves that question the answer is yes, something irritating had happened to me....
Okay I have to get this out of my chest; from a long time ago I tried to just ignore it. I'm not going to make a huge deal about it but I am dead serious about what I am about to write. I don't really know how to correctly start this but this is how I'll start, after a normal church day a friend of mine told me that someone had said to her that I had been flirting with this guy that I had met just a week ago. The person who told this to my friend thought that I needed some advice because I had been "flirting" with this guy. I immediately got mad at this that I was being told. I know that I did not flirt with this guy, if you don't know me well I am a very happy person I really like to make people feel welcome and comfortable when they are new to a group or a country. Unfortunately there are people who think that they know who I am and what I want in life. I have some things I would like to point out: first of all I was not flirting with him. Second, don't confuse flirting with being nice to someone. Third I am really serious when I say that right now I am only focusing on God. I am not the type of person who would go to church to flirt and make new guy friends. Don't get me wrong with this, I am not going to lie this makes me really mad, especially because the person who said this, whom I do not know who it is, is someone who is or pretends to be a friend of mine. It just hurts to know that someone that you love is thinking that when you go to church your mind is on guys and not on God. By this I am not saying that it is bad to like someone from your church, it's normal if you do. Try not to make that person the center of your existence, remember God is always the center of your existence. For a moment imagine that I like someone from my church, so what, I would never concentrate on falling for him and not falling for my lovely God. If you ever see that someone in your church likes another person be sure that you are not the gossiper who is the first one to be telling everyone "hey this person likes this other person"..."how do you know"..."Well you can just tell by the way this person acts" DON'T DO THIS!!! Hello this is wrong! Did you just realize that you started a rumor! Don't ever say a thing if you are not 100 percent sure that it is true and you have asked that person that you are going to talk about and verified that what you are saying is true. Even if you know it's true it is not of you business or others business to know others personal life. This just doesn't only apply to someone liking another person, it applies to anything that there is to be said about another person. Remember that the bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing"  

This passage clearly says encourage one another, it does not say talk bad about others and expect them to still trust you. The second part of the passage says "...just as in fact you are doing.", so it is expected for you to be doing this encouraging one another.  


2 Corinthians 6:3 says “We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited." This passage is in regard to when you start gossiping about others, you are being a stumbling block to the person that you are telling the "juicy gossip". We have to understand that gossiping is one of the biggest things that bring a ministry down. Don't try to be helpful by saying certain things and then you don't even know if what you are saying will end up helping that other person or actually bringing them down. Unfortunately in that case the person who said that about me probably thought that they were doing well, when actually for a moment they brought bitterness to my day. Thank God I have learned before that if we start living on what others start thinking about us then we won't be able to be pillars of a strong ministry. I just felt I had to say this because first I had to make clear that I don't go to church to search for a guy but to search the presence of God. Secondly because it is so important to know that we have to stop gossiping and start building each other up. Remember before you are about to say something about someone else ask yourself “will this be an encouragement for my brother or am I going to act as a stumbling block?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff