Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Heart of Worship

No comments:
 

Friday, May 10, 2013


I will have to admit that many times I have taken worship lightly. I drag myself to the community meetings. I move my lips to the worship songs, while my heart is somewhere else. Let's admit it, we have all been there at least once. I started to notice that this scenario had become more common as I got more "mature" in my faith. Sad, but true. What happened to me that I became so bland? It's as if as the years went by since I became a christian, I slowly started building a wall between God and I in worship times. I had become detached, wondering why this is not all about me, then worship would be interesting. 

For the past 5 weeks I have been part of a Worship School. There were many days that I sat in class wondering what am I doing here. My insecurities bubbled up and left me believing that worship is not for me. Honestly that is one of the biggest lies out there. It's not only a lie I have believed before, but a lie that many people believe. The truth is every believer is called to worship. 

I know many people who get frustrated with what we call worship in the church. Me being one of them. Not all of us express our admiration to God through songs that we have been singing for years. Our limited knowledge of what worship is has made us complacent to traditional worship. When there are so many ways to worship. We work, talk, walk, sing, dance or play an instrument, bottom line in everything we do we praise the Lord. 

Think about it, we are children of the creator of heaven! He has given us His grace and His mercy. He has loved us, forgiven us, accepted us. He has transformed us! We praise him because He is Holy, He is mighty, powerful, glorious, worthy. It is not until we understand how much we need him that we will walk into our community worship times without caring about how we feel. We will go back to the heart of worship, that is to honor the king of Kings, the great I am, Jesus prince of peace. To live a life of daily sacrifice of yourself, and complete surrender to the Lord. 

"Let everything that has breath Praise the Lord,
Praise the Lord"
Psalm 150:6

Week 1: Culture. As we get to know cultures, we are getting to know different aspects of God. Worship God through your culture! 

Week 2: Lifestyle of a Worshiper. Live a Godly life that glorifies the Lord. 


Week 3: Identity. Be confident in who God has created you to be



Week 4: Songwriting. Come together in one accord to worship. Be excellent in your work. Practice your instrument! 


Prayer Points:
·  I have been struggling a lot with things in my past and being hurt. Pray that I may come closer to God's heart. 
·   Confidence with my voice. 
·   For provision. I need to pay for the school! I owe around 9,000 SEK. and I also need to pay for my own food. 
Contact info: 


stephzepeda92@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff