Friday, July 31, 2015

Pure Joy

No comments:
 
So, it's official, I'll be moving out of the YWAM base into town! This is actually quite a big decision for me. It's another chance for me to grow in faith and trust in God. I will have the opportunity to testify about who God truly is in the local community. I'm really excited to get to know the people of Hamar. God has great things for Norway and Hamar is a town God has chosen to be a great influence in an area of Norway that is considered spiritually dead.

          I have to admit that most of the time I see the lack of constant financial support as a negative thing. There are many lies that can come into mind when things don't go the way we expect them to. The lie I tend to believe is that God doesn't love me or that He doesn't want to take care of me. The feeling of abandonment comes in to destroy my motivation to do the work I do every day. But there is always that moment where I realize I am completely wrong. Last Sunday I got to share a small testimony in a church. I asked God to show me what to share, brilliantly, He reminded me about one of the biggest challenges I've had when it comes to raising support. Through this hard time I learned that God must love me very much because he is challenging me.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  
James 1:2-4

 This is what the next season of my life is all about, God showing me that He loves me because He is challenging my faith and trust in Him. Even though it's hard, I am blessed!

          I do want to ask you to consider in joining me in this new area of missions I will jump into. As of now I am in need of people who are willing to support me monthly with whatever amount of money God places in your heart. It can be 5, 20, 50, 100  dollars per month any amount helps! For now my goal is to get 900 USD/ 7,370 NOK per month.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me or are still praying for me! Your prayers mean so much to me! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff