Thursday, June 18, 2015

New Life

No comments:
 

Hey guys! 

          It's been almost 8 months since I moved to Norway and it's crazy for me to look back at these past few months. They have been nothing like I expected them to be. It's been wonderful to get to know Norway and the beautiful people that live in this country. Life in the base is starting to get brighter and brighter. I say this as I gaze through my window and see the sunlight shining on the gentle hills of Norway at 10:30 PM. The crops are slowly growing through the farmland around our home. The harvest is great and we the workers are getting ready for the harvest.

          A new season is starting to come. The horizon is looking great, there are amazing opportunities for his Kingdom to come in Norway. However I need your help in order to be able to enjoy these new opportunities. I humbly ask you to prayerfully consider to start supporting me financially with a monthly gift. Any kind of amount you are able to contribute counts! Even the smallest! If you want to know more about why I ask or how to contribute you can click here. You can also talk to me, I'm very open to talk about my job and living situation as a missionary through YWAM. I love my job :) On the right you can also see my budget for the next season.

          SO! The next season starts in August. I will be switching from being staff in the Discipleship Training School (DTS) into being part of the YWAM Lighhouse Hamar team.  I will be sharing an apartment with two other girls in Hamar. The vision of our team is to be a blessing to the youth in Hamar. What we do as a whole is that we work with many ministries that are meant to support youth. These are things such as the local youth café, confirmation classes, camps, and school meetings.

These are the things I will be involved in: 


Bible studies: We are looking into starting a Bible Study open for everyone in town who is interested. I want to use what I learned in my Bible School in Tijuana in order to be a blessing to the people in town. The Bible is such a key part in seeing the Lord's kingdom established on earth. It's so encouraging because we can see how the people in Hamar are so eager to get closer to God through the Bible!


Alpha Course: The Alpha Course is a series of sessions that include food and having an open environment for discussion about the hard questions about the Christian faith. This course is not specifically designed for people who are Christians but it's for people who are curious about Christianity. The meetings are meant to create a very easy going environment where people can discuss the basics of Christianity. As the creators of the Alpha Course say it's "an opportunity to explore the meaning of life".


Credit: KPK
Kristen Russ: At their last year of high school, Norwegian youth celebrate for three weeks in what is called “Russ time”. There’s parties, fun, craziness and often loads of drinking. The “Christian Russ” program helps Christians to keep their faith and share the love of God for their friends in this time. We go on a yearly tour to inspire and encourage the “russ” all over the country. In May we help hosting a festival which gathers more than 1000 russ.


Cafe Uno: Café Uno is a youth café in Hamar, which has been started by the churches in town. Everyone works as volunteers, without any pay, solely because we care about youth in Hamar. The goal of the cafe is to create a meeting place of different cultures and opinions, in which everyone can feel welcome.

          I'm really looking forward to moving into town and start helping out with these ministries. I hope that you feel encouraged by the things God is doing in this small town in Norway! There are many ways that God is moving and I really hope you are able to join me in what God is doing in Norway by giving monthly financial support. Feel free to talk to me and ask me about Norway!

Thank you for reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff